Latest Version Information
The latest essential version of HURREVAC is 1.2.1 - May 21, 2012
This is the 2012 Season Release with new tools and various improvements to program operation.
You do not need to update your computer each time you see a later version here unless the new version addresses an issue you are experiencing with HURREVAC.
Registered users will be notified by e-mail of any update that is deemed critical. Please refer back to the installation instructions sent to you at the beginning of the season if you wish to update the version you have installed.
Click here if you cannot locate this e-mail and need to have installation instructions resent.
Version 1.1.37 - June 27, 2011
Corrects bug in which gage, evacuation clearance, and coordinates/measurement browsers don't respond to mouse click selections on the underlying map. This issue only appears if Range Marks have been turned on through a right-click to the map.
Version 1.1.28 - June 6, 2011
Corrects a minor labeling bug in the Risk Profiles for Florida and Virginia. Also fixes an Export to GIS issue when outputting rainfall or flood data to shapefile.
Version 1.1.11 - May 23, 2011
This is the initial 2011 Season Release. Adjusts the Error Swath with the 2011 NHC average error rates and updates the Archives with all storms files from the previous year. Contains various bug fixes and improvements in error messaging when Internet connectivity issues are encountered (see Tech Note 5 for details). This version also supports special tools developed for the states of Florida, Virginia, and New York.
Version 1.0.492 - August 31, 2010
Modifies the method under which an HTTP proxy password is saved in the program. Only those users experiencing problems with Hurrevac2010's Internet download of data should upgrade to this version. See Tech Note 5 for further assistance with connectivity issues.
Version 1.0.485 - August 23, 2010
Adds 33 gages in Hawaii to the existing display of River Gages for the continental US. This version also newly supports the VA Risk Profile (Profile requires updated VA and NC HES plugins for activation).
Numerous bug fixes and user-requested enhancements. Most noteably:
- Corrects bug in advisory track labels that underreported maximum sustained winds;
- Handles diminishing winds from landfalling storm like Hurrevac2000. Previous version of Hurrevac2010 does a direct interpolation for max winds and wind extents in between forecast points. When 48hr point is over water and 72hr point is over land, direct interpolation causes wind fields to be tapered too soon. This version will hold the max winds and wind extents until landfall, then taper from there;
- Basemap modifications to add user-requested items such as PR EM zones and Bermuda;
- More user preferences retained (i.e. where Print-to-File items are saved, annotation settings, map views);
- Keyboard shortcuts added for printing, copying, and pasting. Right-click to copy or paste added to various text screens;
- Legend for red-yellow-blue wind categories added to bottom of tracking map when no other legend is needed;
- Corrected bugs in the Manual Data Entry panel that occur when adding or deleting an advisory;
- Advisory overlays now have numbers and colors to make them more distinguishable; and
- GISStatus.txt file, used to populate the Current Tab treeview is now created on the fly by the desktop program. In previous versions there was a slight delay in updating this treeview with the latest advisories because of the need to wait for this file to be downloaded from the server. advisory label placement improved.
Version 1.0.412 - June 9, 2010
This update addresses over two dozen minor issues identified since the first launch of Hurrevac2010. Most notably, it corrects a critical bug in the GIS (shapefile) export utility, streamlines treeview selection/loading of storms on the tracking map, and adds Import/Export STM file options to the UTILITIES menu so that exercise storms can be easily copied into and out of the proper Hurrevac2010 data directories. This version also contains a fix for the 'DefaultSetup_Plugins routine' error message that users began seeing on June 8th.
Version 1.0.321 - March 11, 2010
Corrects a file-loading issue for individuals and agencies whose computer login usernames contain a period or underscore (i.e. firstname.lastname). If you are able to browse and view storms on the Archives tab, this issue does not affect you.
Resyncs predicted tide in the Tide Gage Browser so that there is no longer a sudden jump in the plotting from past to future.
Recolors the observed and forecasted water levels in the River Gage Browser for better contrast and clarity. Also extends the viewing window for River Gage Impact Statements and Crest/Lows so that lengthy text entries are not cut off.
Version 1.0.312 - March 1, 2010
This is the very first full release of Hurrevac2010, a major platform upgrade for the HURREVAC program. Please see the Hurrevac2010 Factsheet for descriptions of how the new platform differs from Hurrevac2000.