The National Hurricane Program’s annual weeklong HURREVAC training webinar series will kick off on Monday, June 12. Registration is still open up to the start time of each day’s session, but we recommend signing up as soon as possible so that you will receive schedule reminders via email.
This is the best opportunity to get comprehensive live training on the program now that the 2023 hurricane season is under way. Instructors will demonstrate the very latest products and features in the program, including:
- operational Peak Storm Surge layer
- changes to the Tropical Weather Outlook and Excessive Rainfall Outlook
- enhanced Points of Interest types and styles
- new Notification system
- and much more
The five sessions will take place from June 12 to June 16 and each day has a different theme:
- Monday – Introduction to HURREVAC and overview of the National Hurricane Program
- Tuesday – Wind timing and intensity
- Wednesday – Evacuation timing
- Thursday – Storm surge and flooding hazards
- Friday – Applying HURREVAC with scenarios and exercises
You must register for each day you plan to attend. As in previous years, sessions will go live at 2 PM EDT and run for approximately 90 minutes.
Live transcription services will be offered for each session in English and Spanish. Se ofrecerán servicios de transcripción en vivo para cada sesión en español e inglés.
If you miss a live webinar or want to review the material at a later date, recordings will be posted in the Learning Resources section of the HURREVAC site and on the HURREVAC YouTube channel shortly after the conclusion of each session.
- Posted by John Boyer
- On June 7, 2023